Your Discord profile picture is the first thing your friends in your channel list and server will see. Also known as Avatar, the profile picture is the display picture that appears with your username throughout the channel.
A unique combination of profile picture and username will give an impression of an ideal Discord Profile.
Some users prefer to use a consistent profile picture for ages while others keep changing it with a new picture, a picture to support a cause, or to show your liking for an anime or gaming character.
Whatever the reason be, Discord allows its users to upload, remove, and update profile pictures easily.
How to Change your Discord Profile Picture?
- Open the Discord app on your Desktop or Discord Web on any web browser.
- At the bottom-left of your screen, you’ll find a small gear icon next to your profile picture. Hover your mouse over it, and then click the “User Settings” button.
- Open the “My Account” section from User Settings and then click “Edit.”
- Hover your mouse over your profile picture, and then click the icon that appears next to your current picture. This will prompt a dialogue box where you can upload a new photo.
- Discord will automatically crop your profile photo; hence you should choose a square and centered image as your profile picture.
- Nitro Premium users can also upload .gif or create an animated picture for their profile.
You can use the same process as mentioned above to upload a new profile picture when you first create an account with Discord.
How to Change your Discord Profile Picture on Android and iOS?
- Start with opening the Discord app on your smartphone.
- Once inside the app, check the top-left corner of your phone to find the hamburger icon.
- Tap the icon to find a “Gear” icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen to access the User Settings Button.
- Once inside the User Profile Settings, you’ll find “My Account” and “Privacy & Safety.” Click “My Account” to open a section to edit your current profile picture.
- Tap on your current profile picture or “Edit” and click Photos to search for the appropriate picture in your mobile gallery. You can also take a new photo by tapping the camera icon. Once you find the right image, tap it to upload it to the Discord server.
- If this is the first time you’ve uploaded a profile picture, Discord will ask you for two permissions: access your camera and your photos and videos. Tap Allow on at least one of these options to proceed.
- You can crop the image to an appropriate profile picture size before clicking “Save.” Once completed, you can see your profile picture in your user profile.
How to Create a Custom Discord Profile Picture?
If you aren’t up for using your photo, you can create custom Discord profile pictures. You can use computer tools like Photoshop to edit and crop an image or use online photo editing tools like Kapwing.com to create an animated profile picture
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating a custom profile picture.
- Find your PFP (Profile Picture) or Profile Avatar.
Consider what character or personality you want for Discord Profile and choose characters, illustration, abstract drawing, and a game or animated profile pictures on Google Image.
- Upload and Resize PFP
- Next, head to Kapwing.com and click “Start Editing.” You can upload your image or paste the URL of the image into Kapwing.com to upload the image.
- The profile image on Discord is circular; hence you should look to make a circular PFP. Once your photo is uploaded to the Studio, click “Crop” to resize the profile image size. Choose Square (1:1), reorder your image position, and then tap “Done Cropping.” You can choose to make a transparent background while cropping the image.
- Next, you can add text and filter or erase the background. To remove the background, click the “Erase” button. As an option, you can use the magic wand tool to remove the background.
- Next, you can adjust the color of your picture or add text, GIF, Stickers. You can add a different background to your PFP if you want. Adding a different filter to PFP allows supporting different causes such as Black Lives Matter or Gay Pride.
- Use the Outline tool to add a border to your image. You can choose a color for the border too.
- Once done, you can download the picture to your device.
- The final step is to upload the custom picture as a Discord Profile Picture. For this, you can follow the instruction provided above.
For Discord profile picture, you can use an image (JPG or PNG) or a GIF format. You can use profile pictures that represent your Discord personality. If you aren’t up to uploading your photo, you can create or add an illustration, icon, anime, or cartoon character instead.